In our last blog post, we talked about sleeking and how it can improve the look and style of your printing projects. With different types of sleeking, you can create custom design and styles of your p…Read More
Sleeking: The New Foil Stamping
Sleeking is a new and improved way of foil stamping. Add metallic foils, holographic impressions, and matte or gloss finishes to your printing projects for an enhanced look and a beautiful finish. Our new Amiga Foil Sleeker allows us to add style, dimension, and great looks to your business cards, event invitations, and more, taking your prints to the next level.
With different types of sleeking, we can make sure you prints look how you imagined. With full page, digital spot, holographic, and variable data sleeking, you have many options for your printing project.
Full Page Sleeking
With full page sleeking, your prints appear to be laminated and are given a crack-resistant layer that allows for a longer life. You can get a matte, gloss, or holographic coating on your prints for a finish that is creative and beautiful.
Digital Spot Sleeking
Highlight different aspects of your prints with digital spot sleeking. With spot sleeking, only certain elements of your prints can be highlighted with the matte, gloss, holographic, or metallic foil finish. Add sleeking to your logo, text, or an image to enhance and draw attention to different aspects of your project. This allows you to highlight what is important.
Add eye-catching design to your prints with holographic sleeking. This unique sleeking method adds a new design element to your prints and can set your project apart.
Variable Data Sleeking
Similar to variable data foiling, variable data sleeking uses foils, generally metallic, to add design to your prints. Give your business cards, invitations, or any of printing project a special touch with metallic foil.
There are two different sleeking methods.
This is a three step process.
- Step 1: print only the parts of the print that you want enhanced with gloss, matte, foil, or holographic finish.
- Step 2: run the prints through the laminator and the foil or film is added by bonding to digital ink.
- Step 3: print the remainder of the print project, enhancing the original look with the foil or film sleeking.
This four step process allows you to create with more options.
- Step 1: print everything except for the areas that will have foil or film added.
- Step 2: laminate the entire sheet with gloss or matte laminate.
- Step 3: prints are rerun through the printer where ink is only applies to areas where sleeking is desired.
- Step 4: prints are run through the sleeking laminator where foil or film are applied to the desired area.
Some Benefits of Sleeking:
Here are a few benefits of our new Amiga Foil Sleeker.
- It can enhance digital prints with spot foiling and gloss UV
- Variable data foiling, a new technology never available before now, can be used for both short and long run applications
- Allows for soft touch laminate and spot UV coating for digital printing
- Much less expensive and time consuming than traditional foil stamping
- No expensive dies or set-up needed for our new process
If you think your printing projects could benefit from sleeking, contact us today to learn more and get started!
Watch our video to see how it all works!